Dr. John W. Vollenweider
Professional Achievements and Memberships
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine – Medical College of Georgia (graduated with honors)
- Appointed Clinical/Adjunct Faculty: Department of Oral Rehabilitation, General Practice Residency, Georgia Health Sciences University, College of Dental Medicine
- American College of Dentists – Fellow
- Pierre Fauchard Academy – Fellow
- Academy of General Dentistry – Fellow
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation – Member
- American Dental Association– Member
- Georgia Dental Association (Honorable Fellow)
- West Georgia Dental Study Club– Member
- Georgia Academy of Dental Practice– Member
- Society for the Preservation of Oral Health– Past President
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry– Member
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry– Participating Member
- Georgia Board of Dentistry– Former Member/Past President
Dr. Vollenweider has been delivering quality dental care in LaGrange since 1978. He received his Doctorate of Dental Medicine degree from the Medical College of Georgia, where he graduated with honors.
Dr. Vollenweider is a Fellow of the American College of Dentists, the Pierre Fauchard Academy and the Academy of General Dentistry. He maintains memberships with such professional organizations as the American Dental Association, the Georgia Dental Association (Honorable Fellow), the West Georgia Dental Study Club, the Georgia Academy of Dental Practice, the Society for the Preservation of Oral Health, one of the nation’s oldest dental study clubs, as well as the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and he is a participating member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry.
Dr. Vollenweider has also been honored to serve as the President of the Georgia Board of Dentistry.
Dr. Vollenweider accepted a position as a clinical/adjunct faculty member with the Department of Oral Rehabilitation, specifically working with the General Practice Residency Program at the Georgia Health Sciences University, College of Dental Medicine; formerly known as the Medical College of Georgia’s School of Dental Medicine; from which he graduated.
To give back to the community, Dr. Vollenweider participates in the Give Back a Smile program of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, where he donates his services to restoring the smiles of victims of domestic violence.
He has been a Gold Sponsor for Youth Athletic Activities for the Troup County Parks and Recreation as well as a Benjamin Harvey Hill Society Donor for the United Way for many years. Dr. Vollenweider is also a Platinum Sponsor for the HOPE for a Day annual walk for a cure for Breast Cancer and Research.
During their leisure time, he and his wife, Kathy, enjoy traveling, photography, tailgating Auburn’s football games, spending quality time with family and friends as well as riding their Harley.